font | large font
General Parking Information
See our General Information page for parking regulation information.
Royal University Hospital parkade is currently a construction zone as work is underway to prepare the site for Children’s Hospital of Saskatchewan. Please follow signs, watch for detours, and be prepared for loud noise within the parkade. For the latest construction and associated parking disruption updates, click here.
RUH PARKADE CHANGES UNDERWAY THRU EARLY 2014
Parking Services is making every effort to put the parking needs of patients and families first while still accommodating employee and physician parking. Changes will be occurring within the parkade over January and February 2014.
- Through early January 2014, a portion of level 1 (employee and physician parking) surrounding the existing Cameco Skywalk entrance will progressively and permanently close. This is where the new hospital will be built. Work will begin to prepare this portion for demolition. This same closure process will follow on levels 2 and 3 in subsequent weeks.
- Late January/early February, Level 2 will become dedicated visitor (public) parking to improve accessibility to elevators for patients and families. It will no longer be dedicated to employee/physician parking.
- Late January/early February, the new public entry lane into the parkade will open which will enter into Level 2.
The above will result in a large number of RUH employees and physicians now being required to park on Levels 4 and 5 where there is additional capacity instead of Levels 1 and 2.
Snapshot Overview of Parkade Levels Post February:
- Level 1 will remain dedicated to employee/physician parking.
- Level 2 will become visitor (public) parking in late January/early February to improve elevator accessibility for patients and families.
- Level 3 will remain public parking only to maintain elevator access for patients and families.
- Levels 4 and 5 will continue to accommodate both visitor (public) and employee/physician parking. These levels do not have elevator access. Elevator access to these levels will be built as part of CHS construction.
LIMITED PARKING STALLS DURING CONSTRUCTION
Parking has become more limited as construction activity continues. Visitors may want to consider alternative means of coming to the hospital, such as taking a taxi or arranging for a drop-off and pick-up. If you must bring your own vehicle, plan on arriving early as it may take a while to find a parking spot.
Visitors can park on the three top levels (Level 3, 4 and 5). However, levels 4 and 5 do not have elevator service. Parking stalls for people with disability permits or cancer centre permits are on Level 3 by the entrances.
The parkade will be affected by construction activity until early 2017.
OVERSIZE VEHICLES – The height restriction for RUH parkade is two (2) metres. Vehicles over this height do not fit and damage to vehicles from overhead structures is possible. If you must bring a large vehicle to RUH, please contact 306-655-2535 or stop off at the Parking Kiosk at the south-west exit and ask the commissionaire for directions on where to park.
For a printable poster for clinic offices with this construction information, click here.
Maps & Rates for Royal University Hospital
Parking Guide & Maps
Download Parking Guide & Maps (PDF)
RUH Visitor Parking Rates:
|1st half hour
|Daily Pass (In/Out Privileges)