About the International Travel Centre
Services We Offer:
We offer travel medicine advice, vaccinations and anti-malarial prescriptions to protect your health during resort holidays and international trips.
We are the only designated Yellow Fever centre in Saskatoon.
Our team of travel medicine health practitioners are members of the International Society of Travel Medicine.
Our team includes:
- Registered nurses that hold Certificates in Travel Health,
- Physicians with advanced training in travel medicine and traveler's health issues.
Our Travel Health Professionals:
- Review your immunization history, recommend and administer vaccinations before your departure. Click here for a list of countries and their recommended vaccines.
- Provide the appropriate health documentation and certification required for international travel.
- Provide resource material about health risks associated with your specific destination. Click here to view or print items included in basic package as well as additional topics that may be of interest.
- Recommend purchase of travel related items, such as mosquito nets. Click here for to view a list items available to purchase.
Additional Services Offered:
- Form completion required for post secondary education or employment.
- Vaccines for people who do not qualify for free vaccines through the provincially funded programs.
These include the following vaccines:
- Chicken Pox
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Human Papillomavirus
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Tetanus, Diptheria, acellular Pertussis
- Tuberculin Skin Test.
When Should I Call For An Appointment?
- Appointments should be made two months prior to departure. However, it is never too late to benefit from travel education and vaccines.
- Call to book an appointment, Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Please have your Saskatchewan Health Services Number and your VISA or MASTERCARD information ready.
What Will It Cost?
- Clinic fees are $50.00 to $70.00. The clinic fee is determined by the length of appointment required. This is based on destination, medical risk factors, length of trip, number of vaccines recommended and whether a prescription for malaria is needed.
For appointments scheduled after January 1, 2014, a $10.00 surcharge will be added to the flat fee for each additional person attending the appointment.
- The cost will also depend on the price of individual vaccines or prescriptions recommended.
- Many private insurance companies may reimburse you for the cost of these vaccines.
Click here for a PDF copy of the International Travel Center Promo Sheet
Click here for links to other Travel Health Resources
Click here for links to other Immunization Resources
Click here for Vaccine Information
(updated November 29, 2013)