The PFMS Leadership Modules are offered by Organizational Learning and Leadership which consist of 7 modules to build leadership capacity necessary to work in the Patient First Management System.
Leadership Modules do not need to be taken sequentially; however, we recommend the Foundational Modules come first.
The Leadership Module Overview is a quick reference to the modules and the lay out.
Step 1: Foundational Leadership Modules
1. Lead Self will explore the key factors that support the four capabilities of leading self: A leader (1) is self-aware, (2) manages self, (3) develops self, and (4) demonstrates character.
2. Client and Family Centred Care (CFCC) introduces managers to Patient & Family Centred Care (PFCC) principles and best practices, and connects these principles to leadership best practices.
3. Respect for People will explore how respectful workplace builds a safe environment for patients and staff.
4. Coaching for PFMS explores the leadership style of coaching which is instrumental for a Patient First Management System. Coaching builds people’s capacity to solve problems and discover innovative ways to move forward.
Step 2: Additional Leadership Modules
5. Change Leadership this module will explore change management and change leadership essentials to support daily improvements.
6. Giving & Receiving Feedback will explore the skill of providing feedback for improved performance.
7. Leading Teams is designed to explore leadership practices to develop and support effective, cohesive teams.