Welcome to Saskatchewan Health Authority - Saskatoon. We look forward to having you join our team and wish you much success!
Welcome Onboard Week
Welcome Onboard Week (WOW) is an orientation program that prepares you for your role. Your first days of employment are spent attending WOW and must be completed prior to starting in your position.
- Dress casually for WOW but ensure you wear closed toe, closed heel shoes.
- Photo ID will be taken on Day 1 of WOW.
- All our facilities are smoke free and scent free so please refrain from wearing any scented products.
- Cafeterias are available at Saskatoon City Hospital (SCH) but we recommend you bring a lunch (microwaves are available).
When is WOW?
Where is WOW?
- WOW is 2 days for employees not requiring TLR - Client Moving training and 3 days for those employees requiring TLR - Client Moving training.
- WOW is from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Day 1, 2 and 3.
*The TLR/client moving training requirement is determined by your position, which will be confirmed on the first day of WOW. Those who have already completed TLR training must bring a photocopy of their certificate of completion to WOW.
- WOW will be held in the training room at the Nurses Alumni Wing (NAW), the red brick building east of Saskatoon City Hospital (SCH).
- 715 Queen Street
- The NAW entrance is on the North side of the building facing Queen Street. Follow the signs to NAW training room (down the stairs and to the left).
- Parking - due to limited parking in the area, we encourage you to use other methods of transportation. Please do not park in the SCH visitor's lot. All-day street parking is available a few blocks away from SCH but there is no guarantee. Available time limited parking is indicated by signs.
What to bring:
Please print and complete the 3 forms below and bring with you to your first day of WOW along with additional information requested.
Mentorship - Everyone Needs a Mentor!
Are you interested in learning more about your new role from an experienced co-worker? Why not sign up for Mentorship! If interested, please e-mail: email@example.com.
Occupational Health and Safety Requirements
A) TLR/Client Moving Certificate
If previously completed, you must bring a photocopy of your TLR/Client Moving Certificate to your first day of Welcome On-board Week (WOW).
B) Immunization Records
You must bring a photocopy of all your previous Immunization Records to your first day of WOW.
You can gather immunization records from:
- Public Health (from the community where you attended school)
- Childhood caregivers/parents
- Any educational facility(s) (if immunizations were provided)
- Previous employers (if immunizations were provided)
- Family physician (if immunizations were provided)
Your site Employee Health Nurse will review the immunization records that you have provided. You will be sent an immunization reminder notice to indicate immunizations or blood work that is due.
Urban employees, when you receive your immunization reminder notice, contact your site Occupational Health & Safety Office to book an appointment.
Rural employees, when you receive your immunization reminder notice, contact your local Population & Public Health Office to book an appointment. Inform them at the time of the booking that you are an SHA - Saskatoon & Area employee. Remember to take all of the documents that OH&S sent you to this appointment.
C) Respiratory Fit Testing
**Bring a photocopy of any previous respirator fit testing records to your first day of WOW**
All new hires that require respirator fit testing will be sent a notice. When you receive this notice, contact your site Occupational Health and Safety Office to book an appointment.
Prior to your Respirator Fit Test:
- Men must be clean shaven
- Long hair must be tied back.
For questions regarding respirator fit testing or your immunization status, contact your site Occupational Health and Safety Office at:
Royal University Hospital
Level 2, 1955 Bldg, Rm. # 2770
Service also provided for:
- Field House
Saskatoon City Hospital
Main Floor, Rm # 1256
Service also provided for:
- Avord Towers
- Brief & Social Detox
- Calder Centre
- Community Mental Health & Addictions
- Home Care
- McKerracher Centre
- NAW Building
- Sturdy Stone Centre
- TB Control
- Youth Resource Centre
St. Paul’s Hospital
Service also provided for
- Air Ambulance
- Community Renal Unit
- Delisle Health
- Kids First Program
- Parkridge Centre
- Urban Affiliates
Have Questions or Need Further Information?
General WOW Inquiries:
Workforce Planning & Employment Specialist (Tammy Lowes)
The following is information that you can refer to after completion of WOW, you are not required to review it prior to attending your first day! It contains important links, copies of the PowerPoint presentations used at WOW and other important resources and contact information.