On a daily basis, volunteers support staff in the delivery of quality, compassionate healthcare to patients, clients, residents and families. Working together with staff, they too contribute a most important ingredient - love and concern for people, creating an atmosphere of compassion and goodwill, through a kind word or friendly smile.
Through your service experience, you will gain new insights into the health care system and better understand the unique role of the site you volunteer at. This privileged view point will craft you into a well-informed consumer. Volunteering is one of the most uplifting opportunities and creates better environments for others. We offer over 120 varying roles in all sectors of the health region - acute care, long-term care and within the community.
Before you apply please consider the following:
- 6 month commitment - 2-3 hr shift once a week or specialty programs
- 16 years of age minimum
- Fluent in English
- Eligible to Volunteer in Canada - Must be able to present 1 piece of photo id by government of Canada in order to complete criminal record check
- Must attend General Orientation and Specific Placement Training programs to learn about our facilities including Infection Control, Hand Hygiene, Emergency Preparedness and gain skills in working in a Healthcare Environment
We recruit at various points of the year. Information of each specific site and position being recruited for are available online
Our Application Process
- Review Policies and Procedures
- Select the Site you are interested in
- Review all Positions we are currently recruiting for, review duty description at each site based on vacancies
- Click on the "Apply on-line"
- Fill out application form completely, your application will not be accepted if it is not complete
- Once application has been completed online you will be contacted by the site for further instructions
How long will this process take to become a volunteer?
Approximately 2-4 weeks. The process involves the completion of an on-line application form, interview, successful completion of a Criminal Record Check, attendance at a General Orientation Session, Site Specific Orientation and/or volunteering shadow session(s).
Please select the site to see what opportunities are available: (Updated list provided on each site)
Each site updates their vacancies on a regular basis, please keep checking to see if there are any new vacancies.
Making a Difference
Following your successful completion of core and position specific training, you'll being volunteering in your once a week (or as program requires) in the program you've chosen.
"Because I can...Impact the Health of our Community!"