We want your child or teenager to feel as comfortable as possible during his/her stay with us. So, we know a few special items from home may help!
Here is what you should know:
- For your child's protection, slippers must be worn at all times when they are out of bed.
- We encourage all patients to dress for the day, if it is clinically safe to do so. We provide the clothes. But, if your child or teenager chooses to wear their own clothes, that is fine too!
So, with that, we do have a couple requests:
- Label each item/piece of clothing using permanent marker with first and last name.
- Only bring a few items. You may have to share a room with another family and may have limited space. We also want to keep the area around your child's hospital bed accessible so we can easily and quickly care for your child when he/she need us.
- Put away any clothes or other items after use. This way it's unlikely they will end up in our hospital laundry or elsewhere on the unit.
- Watch the hamper you put dirty clothing into. Patient clothing is sorted and laundered separately from all other hospital linens.
Unfortunately, be aware that items can go missing. Please do not leave your purse/wallet or any other valuables unattended in your child or teenager's room. The hospital will not cover any the loss of belongings.
Wondering what to bring?
Here are some suggestions.
- toothbrush and toothpaste
- comb or hairbrush
- housecoat and slippers
- special toy or blanket
- "brand-specific" diapers. We do provide diapers, but please bring your own if you prefer a certain brand.
- change of clothes
- formula, bottles and disposable nipples
- soother (if your child uses one)
- books or any other small items to entertain your child or teenager. (.i.e. portable DVD player with headphones, handheld electronic devices)