Welcome to the Saskatchewan rsv program
The Saskatchewan Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Program is a combined effort between Northern and Southern Saskatchewan to identify and coordinate RSV prophylaxis for eligible infants and children living in Saskatchewan.
The RSV program is responsible for:
- Evaluating an infant or child's eligibility to receive RSV prophylaxis based on agreed upon criteria by the program director and the RSV coordinators.
- Obtaining consent from families/caregivers
- Reviewing referrals to the program
- Notifying the referral source of the infant or child's approval or non-approval.
- Coordinating the shipping of Synagis (palivizumab) to communities where the injections are going to be given.
- Connecting families with a practitioner close to their home community where the RSV prophylaxis is administered.