About Medical Alarms:
A medical or personal alarm is a small wireless transmitter, a help button. It looks like a piece of jewelry that can be worn around your wrist, waist, or neck. It can be activiated in case of an emergency, even if you are unable to speak. It allows you to contact an operator who will connect you with family or medical assistance if necessary. Medical alarms can increase your independence and give loved ones peace of mind.
Questions to consider when choosing a medical alarm:
- What types of services does the company provide?
- What is their maintenance fee?
- Do they charge service fees or mileage?
- Do they offer 24 hour assistance?
- How fast is their response?
- What happens if you press the button by accident?
- Is the alarm water proof or water resistant?
- How far away from the home unit can you be for it to work?