Action Plan Facts:
- Falls are upsetting and can leave you feeling panicky and unable to make a decision about what to do to help yourself to get up or how to get help if you cannot get up on your own.
- Planning ahead for possible fall will give you confidence to know what to do in the event you really do have a fall whether you are injured or not.
- You may be unable to speak for yourself if you are injured in a fall.
What you can do:
- Create your plan and let someone else know about it, this might be a family member, neighbour or friend.
- If you live alone in your house or apartment, create a system with a friend or family member to 'Check In' with each other every day or two to make sure each other is okay.
- Consider a medical alarm (Personal Emergency Response System), a wireless pendent or transmitter that can call for help when you are unable to do so for yourself.