Many patients in our acute care sites have an opportunity to make menu selections for their meal service. A paper menu specific to you will be sent on your breakfast tray. Here are some helpful tips on how to mark your menu. :
- Remember that you are marking your menu for the next day - the items you select will be received at the following day's meals
- Please have your menu marked by 1:00 p.m. Your marked menu can be left on your breakfast tray, lunch tray, or bedside table. Menus will be collected by Food & Nutrition Services staff.
- The star (*) beside certain menu items indicates the items you will receive for each meal if you do not mark your menu.
- Circle all of the items you would like to receive at each meal.
- You can choose more than one item from each category. For example: you may choose two different types of desserts.
- If you would like a double portion, write 2X beside the item.
- If you would like a half portion, write 1/2 beside the item.
- There are circumstances where you may not receive all of the food items you asked for - for example: your diet may not allow all of the items you request, your diet may have changed since the time you marked your menu, a food item may become unavailable..
- If you require assistance in marking your menu, contact the Food and Nutrition Services General Office at your site and a staff member will be happy to assist you.