Carbon Monoxide (CO) is an odourless, colourless gas that can cause sudden illness and death.
Protect against CO poisoning:
- Have your heating system, water heater and any other gas, oil or coal burning appliances serviced by a qualified technician every year.
- Have a mechanic check the exhaust system of your vehicle every year.
- Install a battery‐operated CO detector in your home and check or replace the battery every six months.
Download a carbon monoxide poster to display in your office, community centre or other location.
For more information on how you prevent carbon monoxide poisoning visit: