Patients may be referred to the Chronic Kidney Disease Clinic by their nephrologist (kidney specialist) when their kidneys begin working less than 30 per cent.
Our goal at the clinic is to assist patients to live well with chronic kidney disease.
happens when your kidneys don't work well for longer than three months. The most common causes of chronic kidney disease are diabetes and high blood pressure. Chronic kidney disease
- Treatment aimed at slowing the progression of chronic kidney disease
- Patient and caregiver education about kidney disease and management
- Monitoring of kidney function
- Nutrition, exercise and medication counselling
- Diabetes education and monitoring
- Psychological support
- Vaccinations to prevent certain infections (e.g., Hepatitis B, pneumonia, flu)
- Discussion of treatment options to help make an informed decision if kidneys fail
For more information, contact us.