We have amazing staff and physicians who will care for pregnant women and baby before, during and after birth.
Here are some of the units, areas or services you may encounter during your pregnancy.
- Prenatal Unit (where pregnant women who are experiencing difficulties are cared for in hospital)
- Maternal Outpatient Clinic (where you may see a specialist about your pregnancy)
- Fetal Assessment (where your unborn baby may receive specialized tests i.e. ultrasounds, non-stress tests)
- Birthing Unit (Labour and Delivery includes three dedicated operating rooms for caeserean sections)
- Maternal and Newborn Care Unit (where you will recover after baby's delivery in hospital)
- Midwifery - midwives care for pregnant women, deliver babies at home (when clinically safe to do so) and at Jim Pattison Children's Hospital and provide care for six weeks after birth.
- Healthy and Home - back at home, we will visit to check on you and baby after you have left the hospital.
Jim Pattison Children's Hospital - Saskatoon
Pregnant women will register, be assessed, labour and deliver (including caeserean section) in the Jim Pattison Children's Hospital, which is also home to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Outside of Saskatoon
Women with low-risk pregnancies can also deliver at Humboldt District Health Complex