The birth of your baby is an exciting time. Although, we are unable to offer a physical tour of our units, the following video and printable handouts, will help you to prepare for your upcoming visit.
What to expect when you come to Royal University Hospital
As part of prenatal education, we offer an on-site orientation to the hospital where you can ask questions about our maternal units and care (birthing and after birth).
This free orientation is held from 7:00-8:30pm at the SaskTel Theatre, Royal University Hospital on the following Tuesdays:
- 2018 - June 5, September 4 and November 6
- 2019 - January 8, March 5, and May 7
It is recommended you attend this session AFTER completing the prenatal series, however you are welcome to attend when it is most convenient.
See our Prenatal Education site for more information on the orientation as well as prenatal education (including registration forms).
This presentation explains key important points including:
- When to come to the hospital.
- Where to park
- What important papers you will need to complete
- Where our admitting, assessment, Labour & Delivery Unit and Maternal & Newborn Care Unit are located
- What to bring to the hospital
When you are done the video, please complete this survey:
Birth Preferences: Information and Worksheet
What to Bring to the Hospital
Welcome Letter for Guests