Patient/family Resource Center
This center is located at the far end of the main mall towards Ellis Hall. Here you can find books, DVDs and computers for individual use. It is open daily from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Saskatoon Health Region has a contract with MCIS Language Services, an external organization, to provide professional interpretation services on a confidential basis 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you require these services, please ask your nurse.
A social worker is available during regular business hours and after hours in case of emergency . Please ask your nurse if you wish to see a social worker. They can help with issues such as:
- Violence at home
- Child welfare concerns
Free for patients and visitors. Look for the Patients/Visitors network on your device. Please review the terms and conditions of using the service before agreeing to connect.
Dial 8579 on your bedside phone for hook-up. Family may call directly to your bedside phone. The phone number to your room phone is written by the phone jack on the wall.
A variety of services are available:
- Support from several different denominations is available 24 hours a day through switchboard. Ask your nurse to call, and indicate the specific denomination you would like. (example, Catholic priest)
- Chapel/Multi-faith Room is located on the 4th floor 1978 building. It is open 24 hours a day. It is also the Primary location for Smudging.
- Roman Catholic Mass: Sunday at 2:00 p.m.
- Muslim Prayer: Daily at 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Senior Chaplain Doug Cooney: 306-655-1920
- Elder Ron Thompson: 306-655-1251
- Cultural Worker Sharon Ahenakew: 306-655-2684
- Main Office: 306-655-1249
First Nations/Metis Health Services
The purpose of this service is to improve the quality of healthcare for First Nations people. They offer a variety of services:
- Traditional Elders
- Translation (Dene, Cree and Saulteaux)
- Health Navigators visit our unit on a regular basis to offer support
- Links to community resources
- Improve communication between doctors/nurses/other care providers
- Office is located in Room 5408 in the 1978 building
Office hours: Tuesday and Thursday: 8 am to 4:30 pm
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Tours
If your baby is at risk for delivering early, you will be visited by a team member from the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. You may wish to tour their unit. Ask your nurse to arrange.