Prenatal information can be found on the Jim Pattison Children's Hospital website.
Saskatchewan Health Authority has a contract with MCIS Language Services, an external organization, to provide professional interpretation services on a confidential basis 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you require these services, please ask your nurse.
A social worker is available during regular business hours and after hours in case of emergency . Please ask your nurse if you wish to see a social worker. They can help with issues such as:
- Violence at home
- Child welfare concerns
Free for patients and visitors. Look for the Patients/Visitors network on your device. Please review the terms and conditions of using the service before agreeing to connect.
A variety of services are available:
- Support from several different denominations is available 24 hours a day through switchboard. Ask your nurse to call, and indicate the specific denomination you would like. (example, Catholic priest)
- Chapel/Multi-faith Room is located on the 4th floor 1978 building. It is open 24 hours a day. It is also the Primary location for Smudging.
- Roman Catholic Mass: Sunday at 2:00 p.m.
- Muslim Prayer: Daily at 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Senior Chaplain Doug Cooney: 306-655-1920
- Elder Ron Thompson: 306-655-1251
- Cultural Worker Sharon Ahenakew: 306-655-2684
- Main Office: 306-655-1249
First Nations/Metis Health Services
The purpose of this service is to improve the quality of healthcare for First Nations people. They offer a variety of services:
- Traditional Elders
- Translation (Dene, Cree and Saulteaux)
- Health Navigators visit our unit on a regular basis to offer support
- Links to community resources
- Improve communication between doctors/nurses/other care providers
- Office is located in Room 5408 in the 1978 building
Office hours: Tuesday and Thursday: 8 am to 4:30 pm