Our program wishes to develop a collaborative relationship between you, your nurse, and your health care practitioner. You can expect the home visits to take between 45 minutes to 75 minutes. For this reason, it is important to outline our responsibilities to each other.
Your Prenatal Home Care nurse will:
- Complete a physical assessment to monitor your health and the health of your baby.
- Review signs and symptoms of your condition and discuss when to go to the hospital.
- Review the self-care monitoring sheets.
- Provide prenatal education.
- Provide emotional support.
- Discuss diet and exercise.
- Coordinate health care appointments and make referrals as needed.
- Provide home visits. On the days you see your health care practitioner you will not have a home visit.