Collection of Midstream Urine
- Ensure the container is clearly labelled with your full first and last name, date of birth or health card number and date and time of collection
- Hands should be washed and dried thoroughly
- Remove lid from container and set lid upside down to avoid contamination – DO NOT TOUCH THE INNER SURFACE OF THE LID OR THE BOTTLE
- Pass a small amount of urine into the toilet – then urinate into the container. The container should only be approximately ½ full.
- Replace the lid securely on the container. Place the container in the Ziploc bag and reseal.
- Wash and dry hands
- Immediately deliver your sample and requisition to a Dynacare Patient Services Centre
- If unable to deliver sample immediately, refrigerate the sample until able to do so