We identify, prevent, treat and provide follow-up for clients with tuberculosis infection and/or disease.
- All anti-tuberculosis medication is prescribed and dispensed from TB Prevention and Control Saskatchewan.
- The program consists of: TB Physicians, TB Nurse Clinicians, TB Pharmacy, TB Program Workers, administration and management.
- Directly Observed Therapy/Directly Observed Prophylaxis for all Saskatchewan residents.
- Provide ongoing TB education and training.
- Initiate and monitor contact tracing.
- Follow-up to Immigration referrals.
- Follow-up to pre-school and school screening on reserve.
- Coordination with all relevant agencies, Community Health Nurses and TB Program Workers in the field.