Who is it for:
Any children/youth and parents/families who are interested in healthy lifestyles for healthy weights
- To improve health and well being through education about healthy lifestyle choices for their family.
- The services provided are individualized to the family's needs to help them navigate the challenges and barriers of living a healthy life. This service is more appropriate for families with a child or youth with a body mass index (BMI) above the 90th percentile and/or who may also experience other high needs.
The LiveWell Pediatric Obesity team includes an exercise therapist, registered dietitian, clinical health psychologist, nurse practitioner and pediatrician.
- Individual Counseling and Education available from each team member at various times.
- Pediatric Health and Lifestyle Clinic - Monthly interdisciplinary clinic with the full team.
- Exercise program for families
PAC (Parents as Agents of Change) Group Education for parents - Link to LiveWell PAC Brochure (pdf)
How to Register:
Physician, Healthcare Provider or Self Referral (Common Referral on LiveWell Chronic Disease Management Home Page)
Schedule and Location:
• Individual Counselling and Education Royal University Hospital
• 103 Hospital Drive
Referrals and linkages made to other CDM and health region programming
Sites may be provided in other settings as part of other services or programs
where there are a higher number of higher risk clients or higher need clients.
- 306-655-LIVE (655-5483) (phone)
- 306-655-6758 (fax)