Who it is for:
Individuals with prediabetes, metabolic syndrome and/or cardiovascular risk factors.
To provide individuals diagnosed with prediabetes, metabolic syndrome and/or cardiovascular risk factors information and support in making healthy lifestyle choices.
- Information session covering risk factor awareness, benefits of physical activity and healthy eating as well as goal setting and action plans.
- Exercise session included during workshop.
- Options for independent and/or supervised programs offered.
To provide support for lifestyle changes following the class, all participants will receive a follow-up phone call at 2 weeks, 4 weeks, and as needed. 6 month and 12 month individual follow-up appointment with an exercise therapist. Individual Nutritian review with a Dietitian is arranged as needed.
How to Register:
Physician referral or self referral.
Afternoon and evening options available.
- Saskatoon Field House 2020 College Drive, Saskatoon SK
- Humboldt Uniplex, call 1-866-923-9953
306-655-LIVE (306-655-5483) (Phone)
Rural Saskatoon Health Region Sites: