- To be diverse, culturally competent organization: with a workforce that is representative of the community we serve
- That provides quality client centred experiences to patients, clients, residents and families within Saskatoon Health Region
First Nations and Métis Relations Specialty Services
Building a Representative and Culturally Responsive Workforce
First Nations and Métis Relations offers the following specialty services to ensure that the Saskatchewan Health Authority is a culturally safe place for their clients, residents, patients and employees from all cultures.
- Program consultations towards cultural competence and cultural safety
- Professional development and learning opportunities in cultural competency/safety
- Cultural conflict advisory and mediation consultations (individual or group)
- Recruitment and retention consultations
- Research consultations
Click here for a full description and a PDF printable version.
To learn more about the history and the Representative Workforce Strategic plans for the Saskatoon Health Region please read:
A representative workforce is one where all levels of employment in an organization are represented by the community served. A representative workforce organizational strategic plan identifies specific priorities of building a representative workforce in Saskatoon Health Region, these are:
- Cultural Competency
- Education and Learning