We are a hospital that
- will be filled with talented Saskatoon Health Region employees and physicians dedicated to caring for Saskatchewan newborns, children, teenagers, pregnant women and mothers.
- will be a maternal and children's hospital.
- will be home to Saskatchewan's first dedicated children's surgery unit.
- will be home to a state-of-the art neonatal intensive care unit.
- will have all private patient rooms with space for family members or supportive partners to stay in the room.
- will have a new concept for labour and delivery for Saskatoon. Maternal patient rooms will be designed to allow many pregnant women to labour, deliver and stay in the same room until they leave hospital. (Picture below)
- will have dedicated spaces on each floor for families and friends to gather and have a place to retreat, when possible, away from your or your child's hospital room.
- will have an outdoor play space for children who have to stay in hospital.
- will be home to a new emergency department for Children's Hospital of Saskatchewan and Royal University Hospital. It will have a clear separation of adults from children and teenagers needing care. It will be located within Children's Hospital of Saskatchewan on the ground floor. For more information click here.