Volunteers are the cornerstone of our community. Each year our registered volunteers log thousands of hours of service providing skills, compassion, kindness and laughter for the betterment of our community while improving the lives of our residents, families and staff.
Volunteer Workforce PRC
Volunteer Workforce PRC supports the Saskatoon Health Region in the delivery of quality, compassionate health care to the residents, clients and families through the management of the volunteer resources within Parkridge Centre.
Who are our registered Volunteers?
Our Volunteers are an amazing group of people who range in age from 8 years old to well over 80. They are a diverse group of youth, families, adults, community service organizations, artists, musicians, students and an amazing group of therapy animals.
What are the benefits of Volunteering at Parkridge Centre?
As a registered volunteer, you have the opportunity to:
- Give back to your community
- Provide supports to someone in need
- Enjoy social outings, recreational activities, seasonal events or community celebrations
- Build interpersonal, communication or social skills
- Share or build on your skill set, talents, hobbies or passions
- Give the gift of laughter, friendship, companionship, and smiles!
- Complete hours of service
- Gain exposure to the Saskatchewan health care system or complete career exploration
- Be celebrated through volunteer recognition events
- Attend educational in services and training sessions
- Make a difference in the life of someone exceptional!
What Volunteer opportunities are available at Parkridge Centre?
Our registered volunteers assist in a variety of programs including the therapeutic pool (Aquatics), resident computer room, community outings, recreational programs (games, activities, exercise, etc), music & the arts, Horticulture (the greenhouse), resident library, 1-1 visitation and much more! Get more information about the
Volunteer Opportunities at Parkridge Centre.
What are the steps to becoming a registered volunteer?
In order to become a registered volunteer at Parkridge Centre, you are required to complete the following requirements:
- complete an
online application - be sure to complete the online application in full including a list of your availability (day of the week and time of the day that you wish to volunteer), your area of interest and emergency contact information.
- provide three references
Volunteer Reference Form - Parkridge Centre
- Upon completion of your online application you will be contacted by a staff member from volunteer workforce in order to assist you in completing the volunteer screening requirements (interview with volunteer services, criminal record check including vulnerable sector search, code of confidentiality, parental consent (if required). Please do not complete any of the screening requirements prior to being contacted by Volunteer Workforce PRC.
- A general orientation, site orientation and training will be provided upon completion of the screening requirements.
Please note that applications to volunteer are accepted based on program and applicant availability - not all application will be accepted.
Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. -- Margaret Mead
The Volunteer Services Centre is located on the main floor of PRC directly behind the gift shop.
Our outing volunteers enjoy community outings and activities such as attending seasonal festivals, shopping, the arts, movies, tours and social events. Our outing volunteers improve the quality of our lives!
Meet some of our volunteers
Jean is an amazing volunteer who provides 1-1 visitation and companionship.
Chase is a special event volunteer who gives back to the community through his gift of time, laughter and compassion.
Questions about Volunteering at Parkridge Centre? Please contact Volunteer Workforce at Parkridge Centre or call (306) 655-3865.