The Healthy and Home Program is for newborn babies up to 2 weeks of age and their families. The program provides support and follow-up once families are discharged from hospital. Families living in Saskatoon and surrounding rural areas are eligible.
Healthy and Home will:
- Contact you by telephone or do a home visit within 1-2 days after hospital discharge.
- Assess mom's recovery after birth.
- Assess baby's health and weight.
- Assist with breastfeeding.
- Provide health information, and answer questions that you may have.
- Make referrals as needed.
Telephone follow-up, clinic appointments or home visits are provided by Registered Nurses and International Board Certified Lactation Consultants.
We strive to provide the best care possible for moms, babies and families. Information about newborn feeding and postpartum care is on the resource page.
On discharge from Healthy and Home, you are advised to contact your family physician for ongoing care.
If you have questions after baby is 2 weeks old or questions regarding immunizations, please contact your nearest Public Health Office.
The Healthy and Home Program oversees the Saskatoon Breastfeeding Centre and the Postpartum Anxiety and Depression Program.