Goal of the Saskatchewan Leadership Program
Growing leadership capabilities for the successful achievement of the provincial strategic priorities and system-wide transformation:
- Better Care
- Better Health
- Better Teams
- Better Value
- Ensure business continuity through leadership succession planning
The program is designed to:
- Accelerate the development of those who have been identified as potential leadership successors who demonstrate readiness for personal growth.
- Build leadership capacity to lead for continuous improvement and create an exceptional patient and family centered care experience.
- Enhance leadership capacity through targeted sessions to grow effective personal and team leadership practices and to lead system change.
- Engage leaders across the province in collaborative learning to enable leadership practices for system transformation into the new provincial health authority.
The LEADS in a Caring Environment Capabilities Framework will be used as the common model for program development across the province. The framework was developed by health leaders, for health leaders, and it defines the knowledge, skills and attitudes a leader needs to contribute to an efficient and effective Canadian health system. The five domains in the framework are:
Program Time Commitments
The program is a blended learning experience, consisting of sessions in-person, self-directed learning, and peer learing structures.
- 9 classroom days
- Six 90-minute coaching practicums through webinar
- Integrated learning check ins and change leadership webinars (monthly 60-minute sessions)
- Peer learning triad, peer coaching (6-8 hours)
- Mentorship (6-10 hours)
- Assignments from Learning sessions (6-8 hours)
- Pre-reading (4-6 hours)
- Leadership journaling and reflection (ongoing/weekly
- Applied learning through a change project as part of the participant's current role, throughout the 8-months of the program. The intent is for the project and assignment work to be aligned with (and part of) your work, not as extra time.
- Attendance requirement permits one absence
2018-19 Program Brochure
Recruitment and Selection
- All interested candidates complete the Online Application - APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
- Acceptance into the program will be a staged approach with the candidate’s immediate supervisor endorsing the application and then to a selection committee.
- Application including supervisor endorsement must be completed and received by March 30, 2018.
- You will be notified with the status of your application by April 27, 2018.