Goal of the Saskatchewan Leadership Program
To support the successful implementation of the provincial strategic priorities to achieve significant performance improvements and system wide transformation:
- Better Care
- Better Health
- Better Teams
- Better Value
- Ensure business continuity through leadership succession planning
The program is designed to support the development of those who have been identified as:
- Accelerate the development of those who have been identified as potential leadership successors.
- Build leadership capacity in existing and aspiring managers, directors, physician leaders, program team leads and supervisors,
- Enhance leadership capacity through targeted sessions to lead system change.
- Engage leaders across the province and enable leadership practices for system transformation into the new provincial health authority.
The LEADS in a Caring Environment Capabilities Framework will be used as the common model for program development across the province. The framework was developed by health leaders, for health leaders, and it defines the knowledge, skills and attitudes a leader needs to contribute to an efficient and effective Canadian health system. The five domains in the framework are:
2017-18 Program Details
The brochure outlines the application process, participant criteria, program components, and candidate selection process.
Program Time Commitments
- 9 classroom days
- Four 90-minute coaching practicums through webinar
- Change Leadership webinars (4-6 x 1 hour sessions)
- Change project in own organization (variable- depends on the scope of the change)
- Peer learning triad, peer coaching (6-10 hours)
- Mentorship (6-10 hours)
- Assignments from Learning sessions (6-10 hours)
- Pre-reading (4-6 hours)
- Leadership journaling and reflection (ongoing/weekly)
- The intent is for the project and assignment work to be aligned with (and part of) your work, not as extra time.
- Attendance requirement permits one absence.
- The participant is expected to identify a change initiative or project to apply the learnings over the 8-month program.