March is Nutrition Month in Canada and March 15 is Dietitians Day. The theme for this year's Nutrition Month campaign is Take the Fight out of Food! Spot the Problem. Get the Facts. Seek Support.
Eating should be pleasurable yet for many Canadians it can also be a source of frustration and confusion. As your trusted source for food and nutrition information, Registered Dietitians are aiming to take the fight out of food and bring back the joy in eating.
Do any of these scenarios remind you of your own frustrations with food?
- Food Fads - How do I know which information to trust?
- Digestive Woes - Why do I have so much bloating after I eat?
- Picky Eating - Why is family mealtime such a battle at my house?
- Eating and Stress - Why do I always turn to food when I'm stressed?
- Managing a Condition - How do I manage my diabetes?
If any of these situations sound familiar, Registered Dietitians recommend taking a three step approach to solving your food fight.
- Spot the problem: What is causing your fight with food? Is it digestive woes or a nightly battle at the supper table?
Get the facts: Turn to nutrition facts from credible sources including Dietitians of Canada to decide what needs to be done to solve the problem.
- Seek support: Put a plan in action with support from a registered dietitian, family and friends.
Join Saskatoon Health Region Registered Dietitians at one of three Nutrition Month presentations to learn about helpful tips:
- St. Paul's Hospital Room G30 Monday March 13
- Royal University Hospital Room 6615 Wednesday March 15
- Saskatoon City Hospital Cafeteria Side Room Wednesday March 22
All sessions will be held from noon to 12:30 p.m. Bring your lunch and eat while you learn.
While at a session, enter to win a Dietitians of Canada Cookbook and Dairy Farmers of Canada prize pack.
To learn more about the role of Registered Dietitians in the Saskatoon Health Region contact Nadia Rodych, Practice Leader for Nutrition and Dietetics at 306-655-1065 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Find more information about Nutrition Month at www.NutritionMonth2017.ca.