New measures to guide visits – Royal University Hospital, St. Paul's Hospital, Saskatoon City Hospital
In keeping with those measures and in following the SHA Family Presence Guidelines, we are implementing the following protocols for visitors at Royal University Hospital, St. Paul’s Hospital and Saskatoon City Hospital:
- In accordance with our ability to maintain safe environments and our capacity to coordinate people entering our hospitals, visiting hours will be restricted to 10am to 6pm for inpatients who do not meet the “compassionate reasons” guidelines.
- Visits will be limited to one-hour visits with no more than one person visiting in the room at a time and only as physical distancing requirements can be met in the room.
- Before coming to the hospital, confirm that your name is on the designated visitor list by talking with your loved one on the phone or by calling the unit to verify.
- Designated family member/support people lists are prepared each morning. Patients admitted during the day may need to wait until the following day in order to have a family member/support person attend.
Designated family members and support persons will undergo daily screening at the entrance to the hospital:
- The individual must pass screening, including a temperature check.
- The individual must perform hand hygiene at the screening station.
- The individual must wear a mask at all times during the visit (if tolerated), including in the patient room, and will be required to remain in the patient room as much as possible without visiting other parts of the hospital.
- The individual will be given a “Visitor sticker” for the day to indicate he/she has been screened.
Any family member or support person who is not required for mobility, comprehension or translation will be asked to leave if physical distancing or proper PPE use cannot be maintained.
The Saskatchewan Health Authority is an integrated health delivery agency responsible for providing services that range from hospital and long-term care to home care, public health and community-based programs.
We are dedicated to providing quality health care and are proud to serve the residents of our region and Saskatchewan.
This section of our website focuses on information families and guests, sometimes known as visitors, may find useful in accessing our facilities and supporting a patient, resident or client. Other areas of the site that may be useful include:
Patient Location Information - Provides phone numbers to help you locate a patient at one of our three Saskatoon hospitals.
Patients - Provides information a patient may find useful prior to, during and after accessing services.
Services - Provides information on specific facilities (locations) and our services.